Account Manager – Technology
Carly spent her early career managing cafes before completing her degree (Bachelor of Media and Communications, majoring in Entrepreneurship) and moving into the land of marketing agencies. From there, she worked her way up from Admin Assistant to General Manager, leading a team of 15 specialists, all before the age of 23. It was after walking into a Women in Digital event and making a life-changing connection with Holly that Carly transitioned from recruiting for the marketing agency’s internal needs to recruiting for clients.
From a young age, Carly realised she loved all things business. She geeks out over admin, operations and figuring out what makes businesses flow as their own independent eco-systems. She is also deeply passionate about helping businesses (and people) reach their goals and spends her days focussed on ensuring that her clients have the BEST humans in their business.
Leading our Technology Desk, Carly works across Engineering; Data, AI & Machine Learning; Cloud & Infrastructure; Cybersecurity and Leadership roles.
Connect with Carly Shearman:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Front End Developer (React)
- Senior Development Lead (Angular, .Net)
- Full Stack Mobile & Web Developer (React, React Native, Node, AWS)
- Development Team Lead
Fun facts about Carly Shearman:
- Avid coffee drinker, pizza enthusiast (pepperoni is life!) and alpaca lover.
- Dreams of moving to the country (Tintenbar or Tweed Hinterland, preferably) #FarmLivingBy30and retiring with silkie chickens and an endless supply of pizza.
- Proud cat Mum (yes, she’s that person that calls herself ‘Mum’ to pets) to Flossy, a temperamental feline.
Read Articles by Carly Shearman:
- The Ultimate Business Case Study for Gender Diversity
- Gender Diversity in the Workplace: Altruistic or just good business?