Are you a creative and business-minded Art Director with the drive to take an iconic brand to new levels? Are you ready to take charge, and become an advocate for a brand you love? Do you have what it takes to work with multiple cross-functional creative departments and lead them to success? Then we have just the opportunity for you!
We currently have an extremely exciting opportunity for an Art Director to join our client’s women’s sustainable fashion brand in a full-time role in Brisbane.
Chances are if you live in Brisbane and love fashion, you have heard of this company. Our client is a successful women’s footwear brand that is driven by innovation and design. Established in Australia, and recently launched in both the United States and New Zealand markets, they are searching for an experienced Art Director to take the helm of their creative department, guiding a team of designers.
The ideal Art Director will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position. They are looking for an experienced manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take their creative efforts to the next level. This candidate will also have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
This role really is the personification of business and creativity combined…
This person must have a customer-first mentality, as well as the knowledge and capabilities to champion all facets of the digital shopping and brand experience. They will also be responsible for driving the best customer experience possible across all brand touchpoints from a creative standpoint.
Have we sparked your interest? Then keep reading to learn more!
- You have exemplary communication skills
- You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- You are very process-oriented and thrive on organisation and planning
- You are comfortable in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities and a high volume of projects
- You have the ability to learn on the fly, react quickly and reprioritise efficiently in response to changing needs and situations
- You use creative problem-solving skills and are highly organised
- You have a consistently positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Join an award-winning fashion brand!
- A competitive salary with awesome staff benefits
- Extremely collaborative environment
- Valued, energised, and incredibly proud culture with a supportive management team
- Work for an organisation that enjoys giving back
- Beautiful, modern workspace – you’ll love coming to work!
This role has four key aspects within the role including:
- Concept, develop, present and defend visual assets to stakeholders with direction and alignment from Creative Director
- Daily concept and production of new, engaging, on-brand content for the website, marketing channels and physical stores
- Ensure consistency across the entire brand for creative execution; help make the vision come to life
- Ownership of daily creative approvals for all touch points and accountability for photo asset management
- Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company, helming a creative audit to elevate innovation
- Conceptualise campaign vision, harnessing original graphics, copy, content websites, social media, and other marketing materials
- Provide feedback on creative briefs by giving key insight into content, and expected deliverables for the creative team
- Own approval process by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations, encouraging members to provide feedback, and responding to internal commentary and requests
- Coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organisational use
- Oversee relationships with creative agencies, when needed
Creative Process and Creative Team Leadership:
- Establish art department standards for production, productivity, and quality, ensuring the team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Develop design approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
- Manage creative workload in close partnership with Senior Creative Project Manager
- Hire, train and mentor staff
- Manage Copywriter to ensure deliverables are met on time and have been vetted by Creative Director
Marketing and Content Planning:
- Participe in weekly Marketing Communications meetings with channel stakeholders
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams in creating marketing plans, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Analyse market trends, consumer needs, and the competitive landscape, and track campaign performance
Photoshoot Planning and Execution:
- With Creative Director’s oversight, book photographers, models, locations, H&MU for campaign, wholesale and lifestyle photoshoots (6 per year)
- Own calendar and asset requirements for monthly product shoots
- Ownership and accountability for photoshoot sample process (executed by Graphic Designer)
- 7+ years of experience in visual and digital design
- 3+ years experience in creative team management
- Agency experience preferred
- Expert in Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Commensurate with experience
This is an amazing opportunity to work closely with the Creative Director to make sure the vision of this iconic brand comes to life. If this sounds right up your alley, get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Dimity (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0416 021 995).
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.