Are you a DevOps Engineer ready to embark on a new journey? Do you want to join an established organisation with an excellent industry reputation and strong sense of purpose? Are you located in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast? If you said yes to all three questions, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are on the search for a DevOps Engineer to join our client’s inclusive and innovative company based in Brisbane. Our client is on a mission to challenge the status quo and provide Australians with affordable, comprehensive and dependable financial solutions. Combining their local expertise and global experience and industry-leading innovation, our client now has a global network with 10,000+ employees and 50 offices globally – including Brisbane!
As the DevOps Engineer, you will be focused on the efficient hosting of the company’s digital platforms. This will include being responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Infrastructure automation pipelines that underpin the changes to existing, ones and the creation of new cloud-hosted applications and services. You will be strongly focused on AWS cloud automation, both infrastructure and application deployment and have a strong drive in assisting developers in delivering their applications as efficiently as possible.
This is a full-time role, located here in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast!
If this sounds like a role you’d thrive in, keep reading to learn more!
- You have a strong knowledge of software development and web best practices
- You have a team player mentality
- You are quick on your (metaphorical) feet, agile and adaptive
- You are dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Join an established company and team with a strong community of high performers
- Recognition, reward and incentive schemes
- Giving with a difference – this company loves to be involved in the community including environmental sustainability, corporate donations, in-kind support, fundraising and more
- A range of health and wellness programs throughout the year
- Professional development opportunities – they deliver nationally recognised training to all team members
- Extra leave options are available including paid parental and volunteer leave
- Provide responsive Technical and Operational Support to the Development, Service Delivery, Operations and Security Teams for the efficient hosting and deployment of cloud-hosted applications and services
- Contribute to the architecture, design, security and implementation of new digital systems, infrastructure, approaches, and practices
- Drive the automation and continuous improvement of cloud infrastructure and application deployment pipelines
- Work closely with the Application Development Teams to enable faster delivery cycles whilst managing risks of Infrastructure faults
- Represent Technical Services in projects, contribute to the requirements and the design, and participate in project work as assigned
- Commercial experience in cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Advanced knowledge and skills in infrastructure automation and deploying infrastructure as code
- Hands-on administration, maintenance, problem solving, design and implementation skills and knowledge across the following areas:
- AWS Core Services
- AWS Security Services
- AWS Application Hosting
- Hybrid and Cloud-Native Networking
- Infrastructure automation and scripting (Python, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Infrastructure and Software CI/CD Pipelines (GitLab, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Web Security (SSO, Cloudflare, Bot Mitigation)
- Monitoring, alerting and logging (NewRelic, CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Microservices architectures and containerisation and orchestration (Spring Framework, Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes)
- Web Application Servers (Tomcat, JBOSS, WildFly, WebSphere)
- Web Database Technologies (RDS, MariaDB, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
Commensurate with experience
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to contribute to efficiency across Infrastructure and Digital platforms! If this sounds like a role you would crush, then you should get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 487).
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.