We are on the search for a Front-End Developer to join our client’s inclusive and innovative company based in Brisbane. Our client is on a mission to challenge the status quo and provide Australians with affordable, comprehensive and dependable financial solutions. Combining their local expertise and global experience and industry-leading innovation, our client now has a global network with 10,000+ employees and 50 offices globally – including Brisbane!
In the Brisbane office, you will be surrounded by a skilled team of approximately 60 developers, testers and agile practitioners. You will be working in one of several cross-functional agile teams supported by a Product Owner and Scrum Master. Support is found everywhere you look!
If this sounds like a role you’d thrive in, keep reading to learn more!
- You have a strong knowledge of software development and web best practices
- You have a team player mentality
- You are quick on your (metaphorical) feet, agile and adaptive
- You are dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Join an established company and team with a strong community of high performers
- Enjoy a fantastic office in Brisbane, complete with stunning views of the Brisbane River!
- Recognition, reward and incentive schemes
- Giving with a difference – this company loves to be involved in the community including environmental sustainability, corporate donations, in-kind support, fundraising and more
- A range of health and wellness programs throughout the year
- Professional development opportunities – they deliver nationally recognised training to all team members
- Extra leave options are available including paid parental and volunteer leave
- Design and develop Typescript and CSS to implement the goals of the sprint and deliver value to business partners
- Take ownership of the product, and contribute to improvement and innovation ideas
- Work closely with the backend developers in the cross-functional team to facilitate and consume REST APIs
- Contribute to best practice testing across units, integration and end-to-end tests
- Attention to detail for the look and polish of web applications
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team and participate in all scrum ceremonies such as planning, estimating and retrospectives.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes
- Participate in support and deployment activities as required
- Perform other reasonable and relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements
- 5 + years of proven commercial experience in web development
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue desirable
- Comfortable implementing designs in CSS/SCSS and responsive design
- Ability to work in the Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Understanding of cloud deployments with Docker and AWS.
- Understanding of security implications for web applications (OWASP)
- A background in financial services applications is an advantage
Commensurate with experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly-skilled Front-End Developer to join a hard-working, established team! If we have sparked your interest, get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (email@example.com, 0403 726 487).
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.