Are you a Full-Stack Developer ready to help create the best digital online experience for customers? Are you an expert in all things Java and AngularJS? Do you want to join an established organisation with an excellent industry reputation and strong sense of purpose? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
We are on the search for a Full-Stack Developer to join our client’s inclusive and innovative company based in Brisbane. Our client is on a mission to challenge the status quo and provide Australians with affordable, comprehensive and dependable financial solutions. Combining their local expertise and global experience and industry-leading innovation, our client now has a global network with 10,000+ employees and 50 offices globally – including Brisbane!
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will be building out applications that allow customers to buy and manage their insurance policies and claims online, while also contributing to the development of internal applications used by staff to support the business operation.
This role will see you developing highly available, scalable and reliable Java micro-services deployed on AWS that are business-critical, while also working on Typescript AngularJS front-end application. Depending on the sprint goals some sprints may be more focused on Java or AngularJS or both. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working across both stacks to deliver functionality end to end. The role will be working in one of several cross-functional agile teams, supported by a Product Owner and Scrum Master.
This full-time, Brisbane-based role will see you working with a team of sixty developers, testers and agile practitioners!
If we have sparked our interest, keep reading to learn more!
- You have a strong knowledge of software development and web best practices
- You have a team player mentality
- You are quick on your (metaphorical) feet, agile and adaptive
- You are dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Join an established company and team with a strong community of high performers
- Enjoy a fantastic office in Brisbane, complete with stunning views of the Brisbane River!
- Recognition, reward and incentive schemes
- Giving with a difference – this company loves to be involved in the community including environmental sustainability, corporate donations, in-kind support, fundraising and more
- A range of health and wellness programs throughout the year
- Professional development opportunities – they deliver nationally recognised training to all team members
- Extra leave options are available including paid parental and volunteer leave
- Design and develop Java 8/Typescript code to implement the goals of the sprint and deliver value to our business partners
- Contribute to the design and development of modern Java cloud micro-service architecture
- Contribute to the design and development of front-end Typescript/AngularJS application
- Help build out the CI/CD pipeline and AWS deployment infrastructure
- Take ownership of the product, contribute to improvement and innovative ideas
- Contribute to best practice testing across unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Attention to detail for the look and polish of web applications
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team, participate in all Scrum ceremonies such as planning, estimating and retrospectives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes
- Participate in support and deployment activities as required
- Perform other reasonable and relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements
- 5 + years of proven commercial experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies
- Understanding of cloud deployment with Docker and AWS
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic/Sumo Logic
- Experience with AWS ecosystem such as S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS
- Knowledge of software development, micro-service and message bus design considerations and patterns
- Ability to work in the Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Understanding of security implications for web applications (OWASP)
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks such as Angular is preferred
- A background in financial services applications is advantageous
- Source code management with git
Commensurate with experience
If you are a Full Stack Developer that is ready to embark on a new and exciting career journey, get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Apply or send your resume to email@example.com
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.