Do you have substantial experience IT Governance and Cyber Security? Are you excited to be part of a transformation project? Are you looking for a role with exciting potential? Then this could be your dream opportunity!
My client is seeking a visionary IT Governance Manager to join the business and establish best-practice data management and governance. As the IT Governance Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role and be responsible for auditing data management practices, setting up new processes, practices, and a culture of excellence as part of their broader transformation journey.
- You live and breathe data
- You have significant technical leadership experience
- You’re excited to play a role in shaping in their transformation and want to make a real difference
- You enjoy the rewarding challenge of constantly inspiring others to thrive and succeed
- You are skilled in stakeholder management
- Join a company that believes in the importance of work/life balance
- A culture of learning and development
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to get involved in various charities and non-profit organisations
- A rare leadership role that empowers you to be part of the company’s transformation
Are you passionate about shaping future data management? Do you possess a solid foundation in IT governance and a determination to guarantee the efficient utilisation and management of data assets? We want to hear from you! We’re seeking a dynamic and experienced IT Governance Manager for a top client to lead data governance capability to new heights and promote a culture of data ownership across the organisation.
Key priorities will include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data governance strategy, framework, and roadmap aligned with the client’s goals and industry best practices.
- Stay informed about industry trends and advancements in data governance and provide suggestions for enhancements to elevate data management practices and capabilities.
- Create and deliver reports that enforces data governance policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure data quality, integrity, security, and privacy.
- Work together with business stakeholders, IT (Information Technology) teams, and data owners to outline roles, responsibilities, and structures for accountability within the realm of data governance.
- Partner closely with legal and compliance teams to guarantee that data governance practices are in alignment with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders to tackle data governance obstacles and foster a culture of data literacy and awareness throughout the organisation.
- Have a formal qualification(s) in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Governance, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in data governance, data management, or a related role (5 years is a general indicator).
- Be familiar with data privacy regulations (such as the Australian Privacy Act, GDPR, CDR, CCPA) and their impacts on data governance.
- Have a solid grasp of data management principles, encompassing data quality, metadata management, data classification, and data stewardship.
- Have demonstrated expertise in crafting and executing data governance policies, procedures, and standards.
- Be competent in utilising data discovery, profiling, and data quality evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Have familiarity with data governance technologies and utilities (such as data cataloging, data lineage, and data governance platforms) is advantageous.
- Have outstanding analytical, solution-oriented, and decision-making capabilities,
- Have effective communication and collaboration aptitude for seamless interaction with cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders.
- Have capacity to lead and shape transformation, cultivate a data-driven ethos, and enhance awareness of data governance throughout the organisation.
- Have a track record in project management and simultaneous oversight of multiple data governance initiatives.
$150-160k + Super
Interested? You should be! Apply now or send your resume to Sam Taylor (email@example.com)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram.