Are you a highly-skilled Java Developer with experience in modern Java cloud micro-service architecture? Are you passionate about providing customers with smarter solutions to safeguard their financial future? Interested in joining an established organisation with an excellent industry reputation? Let’s talk!
We are on the search for a Java Developer to join our client’s agile tech team based in Brisbane. Our client is on a mission to challenge the status quo and provide Australians with affordable, comprehensive and dependable financial solutions. Combining their local expertise and global experience and industry-leading innovation, our client now has a global network with 10,000+ employees and 50 offices globally – including Brisbane!
As a Java Developer, you will be building out the best digital online experience for customers, building out applications to allow customers to manage their finances online with ease. You will also be contributing to the development of internal applications used by staff to support the business operations. This role will be developing highly available and reliable Java micro-services deployed on AWS that are business-critical, working in one of several cross-functional agile teams, supported by a Product Owner and Scrum Master.
This full-time, Brisbane-based role will see you working with a team of sixty developers, testers and agile practitioners!
If we have sparked our interest, keep reading to learn more!
- You have a strong knowledge of software development and web best practices
- You have a team player mentality
- You are quick on your (metaphorical) feet, agile and adaptive
- You are dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Join an established company and team with a strong community of high performers
- Enjoy a fantastic office in Brisbane, complete with stunning views of the Brisbane River!
- Recognition, reward and incentive schemes
- Giving with a difference – this company loves to be involved in the community including environmental sustainability, corporate donations, in-kind support, fundraising and more
- A range of health and wellness programs throughout the year
- Professional development opportunities – they deliver nationally recognised training to all team members
- Extra leave options are available including paid parental and volunteer leave
- Design and develop modern Java code to implement the goals of the sprint and deliver value to business partners
- Contribute to the design and development of modern Java cloud micro-service architecture
- Help build out CI/CD pipeline and AWS deployment infrastructure
- Take ownership of the product, contribute to the improvement and innovative ideas
- Work closely with other developers in the cross-functional team to provide REST APIs
- Contribute to best practice testing across unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Attention to detail for the look and polish of web applications
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team, participate in all Scrum ceremonies such as planning, estimating and retrospectives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes
- Participate in support and deployment activities as required
- Perform other reasonable and relevant activities as requested from time to time to meet operational requirements
- 5 + years of proven commercial experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies
- Understanding of cloud deployment with Docker and AWS
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic/Sumo Logic
- Experience with AWS ecosystem such as S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS
- Strong knowledge of software development, micro-service and message bus design considerations and patterns
- Ability to work in the Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Source code management with git
- Experience in building highly available and reliable server-side code
- Understanding of security implications for web applications (OWASP)
- A background in financial services applications is an advantage
Multiple roles available, salary is commensurate with experience
If you are a Java Developer that is ready to join an innovative and inclusive company, get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 487).
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.