Are you looking for a start in the industry? Does the idea of working for a UK-based startup excite you? Are you keen to start a role with a hybrid working model? Then we have just the opportunity for you!
We are SO EXCITED to team up with, the leading travel demand management platform for destinations, venues, and events You. Smart. Thing.! To help them find a Junior Software Engineer to join their team here in Brisbane!
You.Smart.Thing is a UK-based startup that has expanded into the Australian market. The product is a travel assistant designed to guide people to venues and events the smart way and they are in need of a Junior Software Engineer to join their team.
But wait, before we talk more about the role! Who is You. Smart. Thing.?
Let’s talk about You. Smart. Thing...
You. Smart. Thing. (“YST”) is a cloud-based destination management platform for organisations that need to manage people flow, travel demand and visitor experience. Uniquely positioned in this $26 billion global TAM, it combines identity governance technology with an innovative distributed ‘Travel Assistant’ interface. By embedding the Travel Assistant into existing customer touchpoints, its licensors can offer up-to-date personalised travel assistance, manage travel demand and curate the visitor experience to venues and events, anywhere in the world.
The platform offers the capability to design bespoke routing to a range of destinations including offices or factories, health and education institutions, transport hubs, sports stadiums, theatres and festivals. Like Google Maps, the Travel Assistant is easy to add to a website, social media post or mobile app. Unlike Google, it offers destination and transport operators a valuable ‘travel forecast’ of people’s intended travel plans, enabling demand management alongside real-time messaging. Features include the ability to curate door-to-door journeys via the most appropriate route, transport modes and complimentary services, including booking assistance. The system maximises the experience and value offered to a destination’s visitors based on their personal preferences and requirements. Licensors benefit from resource optimisation, lower costs, improved patronage and more repeat visits.
You. Smart.Thing. enables individuals and organisations to capture and securely share data (e.g. patronage, capacity, historic, current and predicted location, etc.), and to decide how and when it is used, and by whom.
And as if you needed more reasons to love You. Smart. Thing., the company has a heavy focus on promoting sustainable travel!
And did you hear about the benefits to being a You. Smart. Thing. team member?
- They truly care about the environment and use this to influence their user’s transport choices! You. Smart. Thing. averages a 30% decrease in visitor CO2e by influencing modal choice
- Join a company that is truly the best in the business – their automated travel alerts attract an unrivalled 67% engagement rate!
- They have teamed up with an impressive list of clients like Rugby League World Cup, Radio 1, Transport for London, Greater Manchester, Wales and West Mainland and The Coventry of Culture Trust!
- They have extremely exciting roles on the horizon – your career will grow as the company grows
- A hybrid role, that doesn’t have any fixed days to come into the office – be the master of your own day!
- Terrific mentoring and learning opportunities
Please note: Apply directly to Hunt & Co. for this role. Any direct applications will be sent back to us.
- You are ready to jump into a new role!
- You are excited by algorithms, journey planning and problem-solving
- You have excellent technical problem-solving skills
- You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Implement and maintain efficient, scalable code
- Troubleshoot, debug and implement long-term fixes to bugs and other software issues
- Write sophisticated automated tests
- Keep stakeholders informed and bring them on the journey
- Write clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Recommend and execute improvements to existing products
- Produce technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Some experience with React, C#, .NetCore, MongoDB
Commensurate with experience
This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door with an international startup early in your career. If we’ve sparked your interest, get in touch today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (email@example.com, 0403 726 488)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.