Are you a Software Engineer with strong experience in .Net and Vue? Do you unashamedly like investigative and true crime podcasts (I promise this IS related to the job)? Are you looking for your next opportunity in the world of SaaS? Then, let’s talk!
We are working with a cloud-based SaaS company based right here in Brisbane, and we are on the search for not one but TWO Software Engineers to join their expanding tech team. The software they build is super interesting (especially if you are intrigued by the investigative & detective world) and has a global reach!
As a Software Engineer, you will develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle!
Does this sound like a role you would crush? Keep reading to learn more!
- You are a persistent, creative problem solver
- You remain cool and effective in a crisis
- You love to stay on the leading edge of development practices
- You are passionate about great technologies
- You understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- You have an eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- You have a growth mindset
- Be surrounded by very intelligent and skilled people from all walks of life
- Grow in your role as the scale-up grows – they already have an established user base of government organisations (both state and federal) and are looking at the next horizon; international and corporates!
- Intriguing technical challenges
- Leadership and mentorship opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in a professional organisation
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analysing and summarising development and service issues
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching for junior team members
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications at a scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Graduate degree in software engineering or another appropriate field of study
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- Strong OOP and modelling skills
- Experience in writing automated Unit Tests and Functional Tests
- Experience coding, testing and documenting systems and procedures, including RESTful APIs and automation pipelines
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems, using distributed, event-driven architectures that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to the actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with software support and troubleshooting
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Experience developing software utilising workflow or ESB software
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
Commensurate with experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mid-to-Senior Software Engineer to take on some exciting technical challenges! If you have been searching for a new role, this is it!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 488)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.