Are you on the search for a part-time role that will fit in with your lifestyle? Are you proactive, positive and empathetic? Are you ready to join a growth-stage startup that is mission-driven and values-orientated on a temporary basis? Let’s talk!
This. is. HUGE! Hunt & Co. are thrilled to team up with EdTech growth startup, Teach Starter, to find a part-time People & Culture Business Partner to join their team right here in Brisbane!
This is a part-time fixed-term contract to cover a period of parental leave, working 20 hours/week for 7 months. This is a perfect role for someone that is looking to re-enter the workforce after having little ones without having to compromise the school pick-up and drop-off!
We are searching for a People & Culture Business Partner that has a positive, ‘can-do’ and team-first mentality. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and are comfortable dealing with a wide range of personnel matters with professionalism, compassion and discretion, this is the role for you!
But wait, before we talk more about the role! Who is Teach Starter?
Let’s talk about Teach Starter…
Teach Starter create the tools, resources and inspiration that teachers need to help their students to succeed. Teach Starter has grown to include a library of over 10,000 bespoke teaching resources made by teachers, for teachers and matched to local curriculum in Australia, the US and UK.
Teach Starter is a purpose-driven tech company at heart, helping teachers create better lessons in less time so that they can focus on the needs of each individual child. Everything they do is designed to help teachers thrive, because thriving teachers change the world.
There is no work they would rather do – and they are recruiting more purpose-driven people to help them scale their impact!
Since Teach Starter’s inception in 2012, they have:
- Saved over 40 MILLION hours in teachers’ lives!
- Created well over 140,000 pages of resources
- Planted more than 67,000 trees as part of their One Million Trees pledge. For every subscriber of Teach Starter, they promise to plant a tree!
- Grown the team to 50+ (well 51+ including you 😉)
And did you hear about the benefits (warning: There’s a LOT of perks to being a Teach Starter team member):
- Paid volunteer leave (2 days/year) + Company Volunteering Day
- Generous parental leave (4 weeks paid leave for mums and dads)
- Learning and development budget (access to LinkedIn Learning & Skill Share, conferences, training, certifications and more)
- Performance bonus
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Donation matching
- Social work culture
- Alllll the tools you could ever need to succeed (if they don’t have it, just ask!)
- Customised Equipment Options (ergo mouse, large monitor… you choose what works for you)
- Flexible working options, remote/hybrid – Teach Starter sees value in working together in the office, but also know life happens so they enable you to adjust your schedule and work remotely when needed so that your work and life can fit together in a way that works for you
- Modern offices in Brisbane
- Milton location next to the train station
- Great coffee and healthy snacks on site
- Creative activities in the offices
- Team lunches
- A truly impact-driven company, Teach Starter is also committed to giving back to local communities and minimising their impact on the environment. Not only do they support several non-profit organisations, Teach Starter also plant a new tree for every new customer to offset their carbon footprint!!! Learn more about the One Million Trees by 2033 project here.
Please note: Apply directly to Hunt & Co. for this role. Any direct applications will be sent back to us.
So let’s tell you about the role…
As the P&C Partner, you will support all aspects of the Teach Starter Team Member experience to nurture a close-knit culture and enable a high-performance environment. Using your generalist HR experience, you will partner closely with the leadership team to provide support across the team member lifecycle and provide authentic and caring Team Member relations.
- You are an A++ communicator
- Proven track record of success in a HR generalist or People & Culture role
- Deeply understand what makes a good business tick – it all starts internally!
- The perfect combo of energy and experience
- You are an expert at prioritising and managing multiple tasks
- You are highly collaborative and organised
Your role is to be a safe pair of hands to lead the People & Culture function while their People & Culture Manager is on parental leave. Your day-to-day will look a little like:
- Oversee the People & Culture function delivering a great team member experience
- Partner with the Leadership team to execute a range of established programs and initiatives on the Employee Experience Roadmap (e.g. engagement, wellness, career development, performance, etc)
- Manage the full team member lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding in a manner that amplifies the Teach Starter brand and culture
- Provide sound and pragmatic guidance and support (to both managers and team members) that balances compliance with the ultimate goal of helping team members achieve success
- Manage and deliver tools and processes that enable the HR strategy, enhance the employee experience and reduce overhead
- A Degree in Human Resources or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources with some exposure to a start-up or SME environment
- Experience in using various HR-related system platforms such as Xero, BambooHR and CultureAmp
- A demonstrated understanding of current best practices and sound knowledge of current employment-related legislation
- Experience in building strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders
Commensurate with experience
This is a perfect role for if you are ready to take that step and return to work! If we have sparked your interest, apply today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 488)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.