Are you a design-driven Product Designer with a passion for modern software design and designing pragmatic solutions? Is your laser focus set on prioritising outcomes over output? Interested in the rare opportunity to step into the world of transport innovation with an award-winning intelligent transport system (ITS) platform? Well, look no further, we have just the role for you!
We are on the search for a Product Designer to join our client’s cutting-edge innovation-first company. This full-time role is based in Brisbane, however they are open to flexible work arrangements to make sure you have access to the work/life balance you crave.
Our client exists to improve the lives of others through industry-leading transport solutions that are smart, sustainable and safe. And with an uncapped educational budget and true support culture, we couldn’t recommend this company enough as a safe place to grow your career in Product Design.
In this role, the Product Designer is responsible for the overall user experience of a product. Rather than being measured on design output, they are measured on the success of the product. They are looking for someone who is focused on actual customers and the value a product can bring to those customers.
The skill of the Product Designer is creating value through design within the constraints of the business. They should actively promote cultural acceptance of Product Design best practices and must fully appreciate that user experience contributes to customer value as much as the underlying functionality.
Want to know more? All you have to do is keep scrolling!
- Combination of technical aptitude, commercial, and product design skills, communication, negotiation and decision-making ability
- Comfortable with simplifying complex data
- Ability to solve problems with consideration of the business impact
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills (including good presentation skills)
- Ability to take objective feedback as part of the design process
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- They provide employees with a stimulating, challenging and highly technical environment with like-minded individuals
- Be innovative in your work and stamp your mark on customer projects
- Opportunities for career growth including training and development, and career advancement (they are committed to your long-term growth)
- Focus on work/life balance. Flexible working hours apply!
- Join a team that are talented, driven and down to earth
- Be rewarded for your performance
- Maintain a good understanding of product strategy, and contribute to its continuous improvement and impact on relevant strategic initiatives
- Continuously collaborate with UX Researcher, Product Manager and Engineers from discovery through to delivery
- Incorporate regular testing of designs to incrementally validate and refine ideas and uncover new insights
- Develop holistic user experience designs by thinking about the customer’s journey over time as they interact with the product and the company as a whole
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes as a means for communicating ideas and soliciting feedback using the most appropriate tool(s) for the task
- Incorporate both interaction design (e.g. underlying conceptual models, workflows, and control layouts to manipulate such concepts) and visual design (e.g. composition, typography, visual brand) during product development
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on products and performance
- Facilitate workshops to tease out objectives, understand business requirements, identity problems to be solved, and brainstorm solutions
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design or a related field (or substantial equivalent industry experience)
- Proven product design experience (and the portfolio to prove it)
- Experience with modern product design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD)
- Experience using analytical tools to investigate and analyse customer data
- Proven research/product discovery experience across complex domains
- Demonstrated UX experience in defining personas and goals, storyboarding and elaboration, and design thinking
- Demonstrated UI experience in creating clear and compelling visual designs and engaging users with practical and beautiful design
- Demonstrated experience working in blended commercial, operational and technical contexts
- Demonstrated experience working with ICT products in specialist industry environments
- Prior web development experience (frontend or backend)
- Business Process Re-engineering and Change Management experience
- Familiarity with Intelligent Traffic System (ITS) concepts and terminology
- Experience with ProductBoard, Confluence, Jira
- Ability to travel domestically to customer sites and industry events (where possible)
$100k – $125k + super (commensurate with experience)
If you are a Product Designer ready to join a passionate, growing team, let’s chat. Apply today!
Interested? You should be! Contact Sarah (email@example.com, 0438 154 481)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.