Are you a QA Tester on the search for a new role? Are you keen to start a role with a hybrid working model? Does the idea of working for a UK-based startup that has a long list of exciting clients excite you? Then let’s talk!
We are SO EXCITED to team up with, the leading travel demand management platform for destinations, venues, and events You. Smart. Thing.! To help them find a QA Tester to join their team here in Brisbane!
You.Smart.Thing is a UK-based startup has expanded into the Australian market. The product is a travel assistant designed to guide people to venues and events the smart way and they are in need of a QA Tester to join their team, as the QA Tester you will contribute to maintaining the high quality of our client’s technical projects, you’ll be working with the Engineering team to create, run and maintain quality tests, both manual and automation.
But wait, before we talk more about the role! Who is You. Smart. Thing.?
Let’s talk about You. Smart. Thing...
You. Smart. Thing. (“YST”) is a cloud-based destination management platform for organisations that need to manage people flow, travel demand and visitor experience. Uniquely positioned in this $26 billion global market, it combines identity governance technology with an innovative distributed ‘Travel Assistant’ interface. By embedding the Travel Assistant into existing customer touchpoints, its licensors can offer up-to-date personalised travel assistance, manage travel demand and curate the visitor experience to venues and events, anywhere in the world.
The platform offers the capability to design bespoke routing to a range of destinations including offices or factories, health and education institutions, transport hubs, sports stadiums, theatres and festivals. Like Google Maps, the Travel Assistant is easy to add to a website, social media post or mobile app. Unlike Google, it offers destination and transport operators a valuable ‘travel forecast’ of people’s intended travel plans, enabling demand management alongside real-time messaging. Features include the ability to curate door-to-door journeys via the most appropriate route, transport modes and complimentary services, including booking assistance. The system maximises the experience and value offered to a destination’s visitors based on their personal preferences and requirements. Licensors benefit from resource optimisation, lower costs, improved patronage and more repeat visits.
You. Smart.Thing. enables individuals and organisations to capture and securely share data (e.g. patronage, capacity, historic, current and predicted location, etc.), and to decide how and when it is used, and by whom.
And as if you needed more reasons to love You. Smart. Thing., the company has a heavy focus on promoting sustainable travel!
And did you hear about the benefits to being a You. Smart. Thing. team member?
- They truly care about the environment and use this to influence their user’s transport choices! You. Smart. Thing. averages a 30% decrease in visitor CO2e by influencing modal choice
- Join a company that is truly the best in the business – their automated travel alerts attract an unrivalled 67% engagement rate!
- They have teamed up with an impressive list of clients like the Commonwealth Games, Rugby League World Cup, Radio 1, Transport for London, Greater Manchester, Wales and West Mainland and The Coventry of Culture Trust!
- They have extremely exciting roles on the horizon – your career will grow as the company grows
- A hybrid role, that doesn’t have any fixed days to come into the office – be the master of your own day!
- Terrific mentoring and learning opportunities
Please note: Apply directly to Hunt & Co. for this role. Any direct applications will be sent back to us.
- Quality is your middle name
- You have a proven ability to learn and the drive to get the job done
- You have a strong interest in front-end testing
- You’re self-motivated and comfortable managing your own time and resources
- You love working with people and you’ve got great communication skills to match
- You are dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- You are detail-driven and a pro problem solver
Currently, YST has limited automated testing so this role presents an exciting opportunity to come in and build the automation testing out from infancy. Your day-to-day will look include:
- Manually test new features.
- Creating test automation suites and ensure adequate test coverage at multiple test levels.
- Taking ownership of QA to successfully deliver results in fast-paced, dynamic and disruptive markets.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Advocating test automation at all levels of the test pyramid and continuously evolve formal QA processes, ensuring continued use of industry-accepted best practices.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to understand user problems and in turn, ensure the company is delivering exceptional experiences which meaningfully address their needs.
- Identifying and defining areas that will greatly benefit from the addition of QA processes across the entire stack and infrastructure in order to increase the effectiveness and quality of the work produced by the Engineering team.
- Strong experience as a manual tester with proven interest in automation
- Exposure to automation testing (Selenium/Cypress or equivalent)
- Proficient in test management software
- Knowledge of programming languages
Commensurate with experience
If you are a QA Tester that is ready to start a new role with an impressive company, look no further, this is the role for you!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 488)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.