Are you a Senior Developer looking for a new and exciting role? Are you ready to be part of a team that is instrumental in delivering cutting-edge technology into the hands of millions of customers? Have you always wanted to work within walking distance of the beach? Then we have just the role for you!
Our client is in the process of reimaging their digital platforms to deliver the best customer experience in the market – and they are in need of a Senior Developer to be a part of the team that is instrumental in delivering cutting-edge technology into the hands of millions of their customers!
This is a full-time role, located in the sunny (and gorgeous) Gold Coast! Only a few hundred metres away from one of the most famous beaches in Australia and the world – Surfers Paradise!
This Senior Developer position sits within the Digital and Transformation domain, which will give you the opportunity to change the way we use a particular service that we all use every day!
Does this sound like a role you would crush? Then, keep reading to learn more!
- You have the ability to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines
- You enjoy the best of both worlds – you have the ability to work independently and within a team!
- You have strong time management, workload management and organisational skills
- You have a positive attitude and are ready to put your skills and experience to the test
- You’re willing to give and receive feedback
- You’ve got excellent attention to detail
- Be a part of a company that has been around for 200 years!
- Join a company whose purpose is to help all Australians and New Zealanders succeed… and yes, that includes you!
- You’ll be empowered to make a difference, speak your truth and discover what success means to you
- You’ll be joining a whole organisation of people who love helping others find their success
- Join a company that will assist you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working
- Perform the design and development of software solutions for business-critical application change projects, enhancements, maintenance and/or support
- Develop (including supervision of Developer/s) operational and system documentation to enable effective maintenance and support of applications
- Plan and conduct unit testing of software solutions designed and developed to ensure quality and (fit for purpose) deliverables
- Using an understanding of business requirements and the applications roadmap, clarify with and influence the business in defining technical requirements to ensure system changes are aligned to longer-term investment plans and meet business requirements
- Apply Agile frameworks, techniques and processes and overlay agile reporting and governance to deliver incremental value to areas of responsibility
- Utilise Lean Principles that ensure effective delivery of value to customers. Consider and apply process efficiencies within the sphere of influence, eliminating waste and maintaining continuous flow based on customer demand
- Apply Design Thinking principles such as customer empathy, creative collaboration and ensure solutions address customer needs and are viable and feasible for the business
- Contribute to the development of detailed design documents to enable solutions development to identify final sizing and costing within the application domain
- Conduct medium-level complexity problem management and level three issue support to ensure system availability, reliability, stability, currency, and recoverability of applications
- Perform the design and development of software solutions according to Group development standards, with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet business requirements
- Consistently apply tools, standards, methods and processes in developing solutions to ensure that quality applications are developed with consistent maintainable code which supports risk and compliance management
- Review code to deliver quality, regulatory compliance, security and fraud detection
- Prepare and update high-level functional and technical specification documents
- Deployment of application in various test environments and then delivering it to the testing team for Integration testing
- Perform unit and integration testing to ensure the code coverage of the specified business requirements and to ensure the quality and maintainability of the delivered code
- Create and update support and operational documents and user manuals
- Experience in ReactJS, Redux, Redux forms, HTML, Bootstrap, JS, CSS/Less
- Experience with Node JS NPM, normalizer.js, bower, grunt or any other debugging tool
- Experience with Jest enzyme or other Test Automation tools
- Experience with Stash/GIT
- Experience with Swagger
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Confluence, Stash, JIRA)
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD practices and tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile software delivery and Development practices (BDD, TDD, Pair Programming)
- Working knowledge of the general digital landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Ability to analyse business requirements and provide appropriate alternatives and solutions to meet those requirements
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Knowledge of applications support and development
- Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Business acumen and industry knowledge with a strong understanding of business processes and products
- Experience in Java development (preferably Java 8)
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with DBMS & SQL
- Proficient in designing, developing, and integrating with SOAP/REST APIs
- Experience supporting high availability production
Commensurate with experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is mixing lifestyle and engineering as a unique employee value proposition! If you are ready to put your skills and expertise to the test, then look no further, apply now!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (email@example.com, 0403 726 487)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.