Are you a powerhouse Senior Digital Marketing Specialist ready to tackle a new challenge? Are you intrigued by the opportunity to join a growth-stage startup that is mission-driven and values-orientated? Do your eyes light up at the idea of executing ROI-driven marketing strategies that will help teachers and their students thrive? Let’s talk!
This. is. HUGE! Hunt & Co. are thrilled to team up with EdTech growth startup, Teach Starter, to find a skilled Senior Digital Marketing Specialist to join their Marketing team right here in Brisbane!
Collaboration, curiosity, creativity, care, and camaraderie are Teach Starter’s superpowers. We are searching for a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist who truly values these superpowers and is ready for the next step in their career. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this role is for an entrepreneurial, impact-driven and tenacious digital marketing gun who will be strategically positioned to make a bottom-line impact while also helping teachers discover their ultimate teaching toolkit.
Sound like the role for you? We can’t wait to talk about it with you.
But wait, before we talk more about the role! Who is Teach Starter?
Let’s talk about Teach Starter…
Teach Starter create the tools, resources and inspiration that teachers need to help their students to succeed. Teach Starter has grown to include a library of over 10,000 bespoke teaching resources made by teachers, for teachers and matched to local curriculum in Australia, the US and UK.
Teach Starter is a purpose-driven tech company at heart, helping teachers create better lessons in less time so that they can focus on the needs of each individual child. Everything they do is designed to help teachers thrive, because thriving teachers change the world.
There is no work they would rather do – and they are recruiting more purpose-driven people to help them scale their impact!
Since Teach Starter’s inception in 2012, they have:
- Saved over 40 MILLION hours in teachers’ lives!
- Created well over 140,000 pages of resources
- Planted more than 67,000 trees as part of their One Million Trees pledge. For every subscriber of Teach Starter, they promise to plant a tree!
- Grown the team to 50+ (well 51+ including you 😉)
And did you hear about the benefits (warning: There’s a LOT of perks to being a Teach Starter team member):
- Paid volunteer leave (2 days/year) + Company Volunteering Day
- Generous parental leave (4 weeks paid leave for mums and dads)
- Learning and development budget (access to LinkedIn Learning & Skill Share, conferences, training, certifications and more)
- Performance bonus
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Donation matching
- Social work culture
- Alllll the tools you could ever need to succeed (if they don’t have it, just ask!)
- Customised Equipment Options (ergo mouse, large monitor… you choose what works for you)
- Flexible working options, remote/hybrid – Teach Starter sees value in working together in the office, but also know life happens so they enable you to adjust your schedule and work remotely when needed so that your work and life can fit together in a way that works for you
- Modern offices in Brisbane
- Milton location next to the train station
- Great coffee and healthy snacks on site
- Creative activities in the offices
- Team lunches
- A truly impact-driven company, Teach Starter is also committed to giving back to local communities and minimising their impact on the environment. Not only do they support several non-profit organisations, Teach Starter also plant a new tree for every new customer to offset their carbon footprint!!! Learn more about the One Million Trees by 2033 project here.
Please note: Apply directly to Hunt & Co. for this role. Any direct applications will be sent back to us.
So let’s tell you about the role…
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist will deliver ROI-driven marketing initiatives that accelerate Teach Starter’s go-to-market efforts in the US and Australia. They will spearhead omnichannel acquisition, conversion and retention campaigns, develop innovative digital offers and promotions, optimise messaging frameworks and leverage data to connect with Teach Starter’s target customer segments. We’ll dive more into what the day-to-day of this role will look like below!
- You are highly analytical and have high attention to detail
- You love strategy and execution equally
- Your favourite questions are “How are the results?” “What optimisations can we make here?” and “What’s another segment we can target?”
- You are comfortable leveraging consumer research and behavioural data to derive meaningful insights to drive strategy
- You have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- You have the confidence to operate autonomously in a collaborative environment
Here’s a sneak peek at your day-to-day:
- Own end-to-end strategy, development and delivery of growth marketing initiatives across owned, earned and paid channels to generate, nurture, convert and retain leads
- Conduct research and analysis to identify & understand target audience segments, and align marketing tactics and strategies with their needs and motivations
- Develop, validate and optimise messaging framework with value propositions and proof points that resonate with target audiences while amplifying the Teach Starter brand
- Design compelling and innovative growth strategies (e.g. promotions and offers, competitions) at scale
- Partner closely with content marketing, graphic design, multimedia and other disciplines to maximise the impact of marketing initiatives across all channels
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing initiatives to assess ROI and performance against company objectives
- Continuously analyse trends and optimise marketing efforts to improve efficacy and efficiency and maximise ROI
- Document a playbook of highly effective, efficient and repeatable tactics and strategies that can be redeployed in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing role, with a focus on digital marketing
- Proven track record of delivering ROI positive results at scale
- Demonstrated success leveraging modern marketing and analytics tools to deliver sophisticated digital initiatives (e.g. Intercom, Campaign Monitor, Amplitude, Zapier, Sprout Social, WordPress etc)
- Proven success leveraging paid search and/or paid media to efficiently accelerate outcomes
- You have the ability to craft comprehensive, integrated and multi-faceted marketing strategies for omnichannel campaigns
- You have a strong understanding and application in SEO, SEM and social media best practices
- B2C experience and/or experience in the Edtech space
- Experience developing channels in emerging platforms (e.g. Pinterest, Canva)
Commensurate with experience
This is a terrific opportunity for an entrepreneurial Senior Digital Marketing Specialist to join a diverse, highly skilled team that is making a true impact.
Interested? You should be! Contact Dimity (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0416 021 995)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.