Are you a Senior Front End Developer with 5+ years of strong commercial experience? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work on exciting products and have access to terrific career growth opportunities? Are you at the stage in your career where you want to work in cross-functional teams mentoring and leading junior team members? Keep reading!
We are currently searching for a driven Senior Front End Developer to join our client’s fast-growth, enterprise-grade, SaaS-based business.
Let us stop and tell you right now, this is a RARE opportunity with an incredible company! Furthermore, this is a permanent full-time position based here in Brisbane (although, we are open to other candidates across Australia that enjoy remote work – as long as you have full working rights in Australia!)
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be required to produce and implement functional software solutions on our client’s industry-leading web applications, taking on end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity. Ideally, you will require very little oversight beyond high-level direction taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing sub-tasks with relative ease. Using your skills and experience, you know when not to write code, when to delete code and when to question assumptions and proposed solutions before implementing. You will also be the go-to for a number of more junior developers looking to learn from the best.
But that’s enough about the tech! To really thrive in this role, you will have a customer-obsessed mindset, strong cross-functional collaboration skills and drive your team to take ownership of issues from creation through to delivery to ensure customer commitments are met and exceeded. Sound like a role you would absolutely crush? Get in touch now!
- Have a team player mentality
- ‘Working for a global scale-up’ has long been on your wish list
- Dedicated to your own continuous learning and development as technology is forever changing
- Quick on your (metaphorical) feet, agile and adaptive
- Not afraid to speak up and voice your opinion
- Competitive salary with equity and stock options
- Attractive L&D budgets
- Health and wellbeing packages
- Competitive team who will likely challenge your best table tennis skills…
- Did we mention a gorgeous office space with a fully stocked kitchen of lovely treats?!
- We could keep listing things as there are so many benefits but let’s be real, it is a great role with great benefits and great career opportunities, so just apply! 😉
Here’s a sneak peek into your day-to-day:
- Work with Product Managers and other Engineers in a cross-functional team to implement key features that will provide tangible results to the success of the company
- Write and review code from the sprint backlog in line with frontend guild best practices
- Assist in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality
- Anticipate and communicate blockers or delays before they require escalation
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical discussions / decisions that impact the team
- Ensure developer’s commitments are realistic, priorities and urgencies are understood, and they can deliver upon them accordingly
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non-technical subjects
- Help your fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks
- Mentor more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner
- 5+ years’ commercial experience working with Frontend Frameworks
- 3+ years’ working on front end unit testing frameworks (ideally Mocha or Jest)
- 3+ years’ writing UI and integration tests
- 2+ years’ working with agile development methodologies
- 1+ years’ commercial experience in React / TypeScript
- Experience setting up and contributing to CI/CD environments
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (ideally Sass)
- Experience with Reactive programming paradigms such as RxJS
- Experience working with GraphQL.
$140k – $160k + super (commensurate with experience)
This is a terrific opportunity for a skilled and passionate Senior Front End Developer to take on a pivotal role within a thriving Enterprise SaaS company. If you’re ready to start exploring new opportunities, get in touch!
Interested? You should be! Contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 726 487)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.