Are you a Senior Product Designer that loves creating value through design? Are you ready to step into the world of transport innovation with an award-winning intelligent transport system (ITS) platform? Are you committed to prioritising outcomes over output? Well, look no further, we have just the role for you!
We are on the search for a Senior Product Designer to join our client’s cutting-edge innovation-first company. This full-time role is based in Brisbane, however, they are open to flexible work arrangements to make sure you have access to the work/life balance you crave.
Our client exists to improve the lives of others through industry-leading transport solutions that are smart, sustainable and safe. And with an uncapped educational budget and true support culture, we couldn’t recommend this company as a safe place to grow your career in Product Design.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for the overall user experience of a product. Rather than being measured on design output, you will be measured on the success of the product. You will be focused on the actual customers and the value a product can bring to those customers.
The skill of the Senior Product Designer is creating value through design within the constraints of the business. But above all else, a beautiful user experience is top priority!
Have we sparked your interest? Then keep reading!
- Combination of technical aptitude, commercial, and product design skills, communication, negotiation and decision-making ability
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills (including good presentation skills)
- Comfortable with simplifying complex data
- Ability to solve problems with consideration of the business impact and take objective feedback as part of the design process
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- They provide employees with a stimulating, challenging and highly technical environment with like-minded individuals
- Be innovative in your work and stamp your mark on customer projects
- Opportunities for career growth including training and development, and career advancement (they are committed to your long-term growth)
- Focus on work/life balance. Flexible working hours apply!
- Join a team that is talented, driven and down to earth
- Be rewarded for your performance
- Maintain a good understanding of product strategy, and contribute to its continuous improvement and impact on relevant strategic initiatives
- Continuously collaborate with UX Researcher, Product Manager and Engineers from discovery through to delivery
- Incorporate regular testing of designs to incrementally validate and refine ideas and uncover new insights
- Develop holistic user experience designs by thinking about the customer’s journey over time as they interact with the product and the company as a whole
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes as a means for communicating ideas and soliciting feedback using the most appropriate tool(s) for the task
- Incorporate both interaction design (e.g. underlying conceptual models, workflows, and control layouts to manipulate such concepts) and visual design (e.g. composition, typography, visual brand) during product development
- Advocate for the product strategy and associated roadmaps both internally and with key external partners
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on products and performance
- Facilitate workshops to tease out objectives, understand business requirements, identify problems to be solved, and brainstorm solutions
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design or a related field (or substantial equivalent industry experience)
- Proven product design experience (and the portfolio to prove it)
- Experience with modern product design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD)
- Experience using analytical tools to investigate and analyse customer data
- Proven research/product discovery experience across complex domains
- Demonstrated UX experience in defining personas and goals, storyboarding and elaboration, and design thinking
- Demonstrated UI experience in creating clear and compelling visual designs and engaging users with practical and beautiful design
- Demonstrated experience working in blended commercial, operational and technical contexts
- Demonstrated experience working with ICT products in specialist industry environments
- Prior web development experience (frontend or backend)
- Business Process Re-engineering and Change Management experience
- Familiarity with Intelligent Traffic System (ITS) concepts and terminology
- Experience with ProductBoard, Confluence, Jira
- Ability to travel domestically to customer sites and industry events (where possible)
$125k – $150k + super (commensurate with experience)
If you are a Senior Product Designer that truly appreciates that user experience contributes to customer value as much as the underlying functionality, then we want to hear from you!
Interested? You should be! Contact Sarah (email@example.com, 0438 154 481)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.