Are you a Software Engineer with strong Java experience? Do you enjoy working on PaaS products? Are you looking for your next role in the scaleup space? Is financial services, investing and fintech an area of interest? Well, do we have a role for you!
We are on the search for a Brisbane-based Mid Software Engineer to join our client’s diverse and fast-growing team based around the globe from San Francisco, Australia and the UK!
Our client has a cloud-based, multi-asset portfolio design and analytics platform. Their open architecture technology empowers investment management teams, enabling powerful portfolio analytics and customised workflows that can be easily shared with clients and stakeholders. Their clients include top-tier investment firms, including some of the world’s leading asset managers, private wealth managers and pension funds.
- You have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written and presentational
- You have strong time management skills
- You are self-motivated and love a challenge
- You love working closely with others no matter how far away they are!
- You’re diligent, detail-oriented, and have a can-do attitude
- You are organised, focused and driven toward established deliverable dates
- Join an award-winning PaaS scaleup that is post Series A.
- Work with a global team of highly skilled professionals – with offices in Brisbane, London and San Francisco!
- Join a diverse team of passionate and hard-working individuals
- Join a company with a very impressive client list!
- Be empowered within your role and be supported by a great team!
As a Software Developer (Java) working on a PaaS product, your day-to-day responsibilities may vary depending on the specific projects you are working on, but here is an overview of what you might expect:
- Planning and Designing: You will work with your team to plan and design new features or improvements for the platform. This may involve analysing user requirements, creating mockups and wireframes, and discussing technical feasibility with your team.
- Development: You will write code using Java programming language to implement the features and improvements that were planned. You will be working in an agile development environment, where you will be expected to write clean, maintainable code, and follow best practices for software development.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: You will be responsible for testing your own code and ensuring that it meets the requirements and quality standards of the company. This may include unit testing, integration testing, and functional testing.
- Collaboration and Communication: You will work closely with other members of your team, including other developers, designers, and project managers. You will need to communicate your progress, ask for help when needed, and collaborate with your team to ensure that the project is moving forward smoothly.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging: You may be responsible for troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise in the platform. This may involve analysing log files, using debugging tools, and working with other members of your team to find and fix the problem.
- Continuous Learning: You will need to keep up to date with new technologies and development techniques that can help you improve your skills and knowledge. This may involve attending conferences, taking online courses, or reading technical blogs and articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, engineering or related discipline
- 1-5 years experience in software development
- Extensive knowledge and experience building Java web applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java web technologies such as servlets, JSP
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Python
Nice to have:
- Experience working in high-performing, agile teams
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of AWS and DevOps tools
- Quick learner with a true passion for technology and software craftsmanship
- Academic studies or experience in economics or finance
This will be commensurate with experience.
Interested? You should be! Apply or send your resume to Claudia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested, but this role isn’t quite right for you? Get in touch! We have other current and upcoming opportunities we’d love to discuss with you.
At Hunt & Co., we are fierce advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality in digital and believe that technology should be built by all people, for all people. You have probably seen the stats: women and other underrepresented people in tech tend to only apply for a role when they meet 100% of the criteria. Don’t take yourself out of the race! If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
While we’re looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a little better and follow us on social media? We also regularly post job and industry updates on there too! Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram.