With over 36+ years’ industry experience, we believe in finding the right person who helps to build your business, not just your headcount.
We are a boutique recruitment agency run by business and digital specialists who care about creating meaningful, long-term impact in the industry — not salespeople or recruiters.
We are dedicated to quality, not quantity and set ourselves apart through a drive to deliver the best business results for our clients and career results for our candidates.
We are, as one of our clients’ put it, “the most unrecruiter-like recruiters.”
The quick elevator pitch
We partner with some of Australia’s favourite tech companies, SaaS enterprises, eCommerce businesses and agencies to provide recruitment and consultative talent acquisition services. We can help you find who you are looking for and even work with you to determine what your next hire will look like – including contract and permanent hires.
Areas of specialisations:
- UX/UI and Product
- Software Engineer
- Data, AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud & Infrastructure
- Technology Leadership
- Digital Marketing (Generalist and Specialist roles)
- Customer Success
- 6 years delivering value for the digital industry
- In 2020, we successfully:
- Helped 53 full-timers and 14 contractors secure fulfilling roles and career opportunities
- Worked directly with 43 founders (technical & non-technical), CEOs & CTOs to build their high-performing teams
- Altogether this totalled a whopping $5.8million in salaries for the QLD economy
- But don’t just take our word for it, read our 60+ 5 Star Google Reviews
As a specialist boutique agency, we apply a technical methodology and our industry experience to secure the best talent in market for your organisation.
- Industry Professionals. We offer 360° human resources, talent acquisition and employer branding services designed to achieve your business and career outcomes.
- Proven Recruitment Success. 85% of our candidates are still happily in employment 6 months on from being placed, with 20% being promoted within their first year.
- Human Approach. We measure success on our long term partnerships, not the volume of placements per month.
- Diversity Success. Through our partnership with Women in Digital we actively advocate for and help create diverse teams.
Our recruitment process is thorough and specific to your needs. Each step of this process is outlined below.
Initial consultation with you
We know that a failed hire can be damaging to profitability, reputation and culture so we take our task in assessing and placing talent seriously. We begin by determining one point of contact within your business for the recruitment process, and requesting an initial 1 hour conversation with that person. This gives us a chance to learn about your business and the role straight from the source.
Map the market
We commence the recruitment process with a thorough review and mapping of the relevant talent market. This due diligence will ensure the process is well-informed and supports the attraction and recruitment of best-in-market talent. Market mapping includes:
- Assessing requirements
- Clarifying needs
- Conducting market analysis
- Conducting competitor analysis
- Defining recruitment timeframe
- Reviewing market incentives
- Setting benchmarks and standards of talent
- Identifying potential hires for a specific role
- Sourcing and headhunting
Headhunting, search, selection and vetting
We do all the heavy-lifting. Once suitable candidates are identified by the our team, they are then engaged in a preliminary conversation before being progressed to a face-to-face interview with a Hunt & Co. consultant. We will then submit a shortlist of winners!
Meet the candidates
From that shortlist, you will select the candidates you wish to meet and progress to interviews. The final one or two top performers from the initial round of interviews with your organisation are then progressed to final interviews.
Offer stage, due diligence and contract signing
You have met some talented candidates and you are ready to hire your favourite. An offer letter is provided pending due diligence checks. We then complete reference checks on your behalf and can facilitate police checks if required. If all goes well, we work with you and the candidate to finalise all the nitty gritty details. We also manage all pay negotiations and provide recommendations – making the process smooth and simple for you.
You now have a brand new team member! After the recruitment process is completed, we don’t just say goodbye. We are invested in the long term success of you, your business and the candidate.