Finding the right technical talent is the rocket fuel tech companies need to soar. As a boutique digital recruitment agency specialising in all things technology including Software Engineering recruitment, we take out the stress and heavy lifting of hiring so you can focus on what’s most important – scaling your business. If you’re in the market for a new role, step right this way! Looking to pivot into the technology sector and need some advice? Let’s chat! Searching for a Software Engineering recruitment partner you can trust? Our team of consultants are well-equipped to find what you’re looking for. Read on to learn more about Hunt & Co. and our Software Engineering recruitment services.
About Hunt & Co.
We are Hunt & Co. – a boutique recruitment agency run by business and digital specialists who care about creating a meaningful, long-term impact in the industry — not salespeople or recruiters.
We are driven by our purpose to create life-changing connections with businesses and people in the digital space.
We are, as one of our clients’ put it, “the most unrecruiter-like recruiters.”
The quick elevator pitch
We partner with some of Brisbane and Australia’s favourite tech companies, SaaS enterprises, eCommerce businesses and agencies to provide recruitment and consultative talent acquisition services. We can help you find the top tech talent you need and work alongside you to ‘dig in’ to what your next hire will look like – including contract and permanent hires.
Hunt & Co. specialises in digital recruitment across Technology, Product, Design, Digital Marketing, Growth and eCommerce. Whether it’s your first time hiring a seasoned CTO or you’re looking at how to build a diverse tech team from the ground up, we can help you bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences and work towards hitting your growth goals.
Why choose Hunt & Co. as your Software Engineering recruitment partner?
When it comes to building the best technology, you need great technical talent. This is where we come in! Hunt & Co. are known for specialising in digital talent, particularly in the Software Engineering space across a vast range of industries. We pride ourselves on being:
- Passionate tech heads: Technology, languages and platforms are ever-evolving. At Hunt & Co., we are dedicated to keeping up to date with industry trends and tech stacks so we can get the best outcome possible for our clients and candidates.
- Career consultants: Our consultants are discipline-focused recruiters who specialise in finding niche technical talent. We are passionate about using our industry insights to guide you through the process and achieve your career or team goals.
- Hyper-connectors: Creating life-changing connections every day is what fuels us! Our consultants are well-connected in the tech space and leverage these connections to match candidates with the best opportunities in market.
- Tech chasers: On a typical day at Hunt & Co. HQ, you’ll often find the team sharing insights from a new podcast we found, discussing industry news or debating the effect of new tech advancements (particularly in AI). We have our fingers firmly on the pulse when it comes to what is happening in the tech space and that comes through clearly in our work as recruiters.
- Proven recruitment success: When you partner with us, you can have peace of mind knowing you are in a safe pair of hands with years of talent acquisition experience in the digital industry. 88% of our candidates are still happily in employment 6 months on from being placed, with 23% being promoted within their first year.
- Added peace of mind: We offer a Guarantee Period on all of our permanent placements for added peace of mind.
- Human approach: After the recruitment process is completed, we don’t just say goodbye. We measure success on our long-term partnerships, not the volume of placements per month.
- Connected to the tech community: Whether it’s co-organising ReactBris (one of Brisbane’s largest front end meetups), through our work at Women in Digital or the other activities we are a part of in the Brisbane tech community, we are deeply ingrained and passionate about serving the community.
What does the digital recruitment process look like?
Software Engineering Recruitment
While investment in Software Engineering has certainly skyrocketed in recent years, there is no doubt there has been a shortfall of technology talent across the board. The competition has been fierce and between The Great Resignation and what we are calling The Great Tech Correction, the ability to build and nurture a tech team with stable growth has been critical. Having a well-informed recruitment partner that you trust in your back pocket is the best investment you’ll ever make!
The tech landscape is constantly in a state of change and for the majority of scaling technology companies, finding skilled talent can be challenging and time-consuming. A ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach rarely attracts success which is why you need an expert team of Software Engineering recruiters in your corner who know what they’re doing and have the track record to prove it.
In a tight recruitment market, having a wide network of contacts among Software Engineers is crucial to an organisation’s ability to scale and innovate. But it’s not just Developers. When it comes to building great Software Engineer teams, we can also help you accrue key roles including QA Engineers, Data Analysts, DevOps Engineers and technical specialists in Cloud, Infrastructure or Cybersecurity as well as technical Leadership positions.
Areas of Specialisation
At Hunt & Co., each of our digital recruitment consultants is laser-focused on sourcing specialised talent within their space. Our Software Engineering areas of specialisation include:
- Technology Leadership including Head of Engineering, VP of Engineering, Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Software Engineer
- QA Engineer and Testing
- Data Analyst, Engineer and Scientist
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud & Infrastructure
- Scrum Master and Delivery Managers
- Technical Business Analyst
Have a different Software Engineering role you need to hire for that is not listed above? Get in touch with our team!
Recent Software Engineering Placements
Here is a snapshot of recent Software Engineering placements at Hunt & Co.:
- Technology Leadership (e.g. Head of Engineering / CTOs):
- Head of Engineering | React, AWS microservices
- Software Engineering:
- Lead Developer | .Net, Azure, SQL
- Full Stack Developer | .Net, Angular, Azure, SQL
- Mid Full Stack Developer | ASP.NET, Azure, Vue.js
- Junior Software Engineer | React, C#, .NetCore, MongoDB
- Lead Developer | React, AWS microservices
- Back End Engineer | Java
- Full Stack Developer | .Net, Angular, Azure, SQL
- Cloud & Infrastructure:
- Senior DevOps Engineer | Azure
- Senior Solution Architect
- DevOps Engineer | AWS
- Data Analyst, Engineer and Scientist:
- Senior Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Analyst
- QA Engineer and Testing:
- Senior QA Engineer
- QA Engineer
- Test Automation Engineer:
- Scrum Masters and Delivery Managers:
- Technical Project Manager
- Iteration Manager
Meet Your Software Engineering Recruitment Team
At Hunt & Co., our team is made up of digital recruitment experts who are not only highly skilled but also deeply passionate about making meaningful connections.
We come from diverse backgrounds within the industry, which allows us to bring a range of perspectives and experiences to the table. This helps us to make a real impact for both our candidates and clients, as we work together to find the best possible matches. We truly believe in the power of connection and are excited to help you take your career or business to the next level!
Don’t just take it from us…
Hear what some of our candidates and clients have to say about working with Hunt & Co.:
“One of the few agencies I’ve worked with that seem invested in the employee.”
“Hunt & Co are the experts in sourcing high quality candidates. I’ve used Hunt & Co for several recruitments now and could not be happier with the outcome. They are an incredible team to work with. Highly recommend.”
“Hunt & Co. was tasked with recruiting a Senior Tech Lead for the Doctors on Demand development team. In a challenging recruitment market, and through a less than ideal time of year, we successfully recruited a great candidate. A fantastic outcome for the dev team here at Doctors on Demand!”
“They were super friendly, knowledgable, and so responsive. It was my first time hiring someone through a recruiter, and honestly I was pretty daunted to start off with – but they made the whole process easy to navigate, and actually pretty fun! They genuinely care about everyone involved finding a great working situation and are the perfect level of pro-active without being overwhelming. Highly recommend!!!”
Case Studies & Life-Changing Connections
Something that is very important to us at Hunt & Co. is sharing the life-changing connections our team make every day whether it be a business or candidate success story.
Check out some of the Tech Team’s Life-Changing Connections and Case Studies highlights below!
- Life-Changing Connections with Carlie Hamilton | Never too late for a career pivot
- Success Story: A heroic hire recruiting a Head of Engineering for a leading prop-tech platform
- Life-Changing Connections with Junior Iteration Manager, James Hicks | Tech pivot pro
Resources & Recommendations
If you’re interested in learning more about the industry or want to get more involved in the tech community, here are some of our top recommendations:
- Digital Salary Guide
- What Does a Recruitment Consultant Do? [Candidate-Edition]
- Key Takeaways from Hunt & Co.’s Digital Trends & Beyond Event: Talent and acquisition strategies
- What’s The Stack: The Podcast
- The Stack Overflow Podcast
- What The Flux
- Unicorn Launcher
- HTML All The Things
Looking to hire?
The Hunt & Co. team are invested in going on the journey with you as your recruitment partner to find the right tech talent for your team, including many hard-to-find Software Engineering roles. Contact us below to get started. We will be in touch soon!
Looking for your next role?
Whether you are exploring new opportunities or are open to the idea of a new role or career path, the Tech Desk is here to help.